can i upgrade from 10.5.8 to osx 10.6
- Asked by Barbara B
- Flag as inappropriate (can i upgrade from 10.5.8 to osx 10.6)
1 Answer from the Community
If your Mac is capable of running OS 10.5.8, and your Mac has at least 1gb of memory and an Intel processor (not a PowerPC processor), then "YES".
You can either install over top of the OS 10.5.8 installation, OR do a clean install of Snow Leopard on another partition.
OS 10.6 may not install on newer Macs that were originally sold with OS 10.8 or later, but with the use of an older Intel-based Mac, OS 10.6 can be made to run on some newer Macs.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I upgrade white macbook 2.2 gH intel core duo from 10.5.8 to 10.6
- Asked by Jason S from Orinda
- 06 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can I upgrade white macbook 2.2 gH intel core duo from 10.5.8 to 10.6)
- Asked about: Mac
how can I upgrade leopard to lion
- Asked by Alan R from Bensalem
- 09 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I upgrade leopard to lion)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)