Have iMac G5 2GHz 512MB RAM running OS X 10.4.11;just bought new iMac + new time capsule;should I move to 10.5 on iMac G5? why? will I need more RAM?
I have an iMac G5 2GHz w/ 512MB RAM running OS X 10.4.11. I just bought a new iMac and a new 1TB time capsule. I want to make best use of the older G5 iMac on the network. I would like it backed up automatically to the new time capsule. Can/should I upgrade the G5 iMac to OS x 10.5 ? why? will I need more RAM? Please answer using OS version numbers not tiger/leopard/snow leopard jargon.
1 Answer from the Community
You should need more RAM if you do anything more that word processing. In order to use the Time Capsule, you need to install at least 10.5.1 Mac OS X Leopard.
- Answered by Sally M from Saint Louis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
using AirPort Time Capsule with both iMAC and PC
- Asked by Carol K from Miami
- 08 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (using AirPort Time Capsule with both iMAC and PC)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB