Hi, I have a MacBook A1278, serial number is WQ848GP21AQ. I need a iOS CD or DVD for this. Which one should I buy and how much it cost?Thank you.
1 Answer from the Community
There are 12 models of MacBook that match the A1278 model number. It would be much easier to fully answer question if you could provide the Model ID. (The Model ID is found by going to "Apple Menu" --> "About This Mac" --> "More Info" --> "System Report". Under "Hardware Overview" will be the "Model Identifier".)
Since all the MacBooks have an Intel Processor you can install Snow Leopard (US$20 from the online Apple Store) and then do software update to bring it up to OS 10.6.8. (OS 10.6 requires at least 1GB of RAM.) OS 10.6 is delivered by mail on a DVD.
Once running OS 10.6.8 you can then upgrade directly to a later version of OS X by using the App Store app that comes with OS 10.6.8. (All versions of OSX after OS 10.6 require at least 2GB of RAM and install through a download via the App Store app.)
If your ID is MacBook5,1 or MacBookPro5,5 the max official operating system is OS 10.11 (El Capitan) (free).
If your ID is MacBookPro7,1, MacBookPro8,1 or MacBookPro9,2 the max official operating system is OS 10.12 (Sierra) (free). Sierra is the latest OSX released.
(Note: If your MacBook supports Sierra, then the App Store app will not make El Capitan available. However, Sierra requires OS 10.7 or later, so you still need to install El Capitan first.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this adaptor with my macbook? If nor, which one do I use to connect to a projector? I have a Macbook, model A1278. Thanks
- Asked by Beth M
- 02 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adaptor with my macbook? If nor, which one do I use to connect to a projector? I have a Macbook, model A1278. Thanks)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- 08 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can i still buy an iphone 5s in an Apple Store in 2016?
- Asked by Feli B
- 08 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i still buy an iphone 5s in an Apple Store in 2016?)
- Asked about: iPhone