I am running 10.4.11. Will Snow Leopard install on my system? Processor is Intel core2 duo
- Asked by Edgar R from Auburndale
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.4.11. Will Snow Leopard install on my system? Processor is Intel core2 duo)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, if you also have at least 1GB of memory.
I upgraded my Intel Core 2 Duo with OS 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard. While I could have upgraded directly over OS 10.4.11, I used a different method to upgrade in order to preserve my OS 10.4.11 files and settings in case something happens during install (like the power going out).
First, I created a new partition and formatted the partition with Snow Leopard's Disk Utility (found under the Utilities menu when one starts up from the Snow Leopard Installer DVD). Formatting needs to be "Mac OS Extended (Journalled)" or "GUID".
Second, install Snow Leopard to new partition. During install, the installer will search your mac for partitions with a previous OS, and ask if you want to import OS settings, apps and files. Do this to get everything moved and set up from your old OS. Or, don't do this and end up with a clean install of Snow Leopard.
Third, restart in Snow Leopard and do Software Update to OS 10.6.8.
End result: you have a dual boot Mac that can start up in either OS 10.4.11 or OS 10.6.8. Simply hold option key when starting up to choose. This comes in handy if you have printer or scanner drivers that need to be updated for Snow Leopard. Until updates are done, you can boot from OS 10.4.11 to use printer or scanner.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use this on 10.4.11 operating system
- Asked by Kenneth M from Hopewell Junction
- 03 6, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this on 10.4.11 operating system)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
No answers yet
I have an early 2006 I mac core 2 duo (512MB of RAM) running OS10 tiger can I upgrade the memory for more RAM to install snow Leopard?
- Asked by James B from Prince George
- 09 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an early 2006 I mac core 2 duo (512MB of RAM) running OS10 tiger can I upgrade the memory for more RAM to install snow Leopard?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 4GB 1866MHz DDR…
I have a mac OSX with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Can I replace the processor with core 2 duo to upgrade to lion?
- Asked by Harold S from Waxhaw
- 05 10, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a mac OSX with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Can I replace the processor with core 2 duo to upgrade to lion?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)