I bought MacMini and MacBookPro in Sept'09. Snow Leopard was only with MacPro. On Mini I have 10.5. Can I install 10.6 from CD that came with MacPro?
I bought MacMini and MacBookPro at the same time in Sept'09.
On mini I have 10.5.8 installed and have NO disk with Snow Leopard...(
Snow Leopard was installed only on MacPro, and, of course, there is a disk with Snow Leopard 10.6.
So, can I install 10.6 to Mac mini from CD that came with MacBook Pro?
Why should I pay for shipping the disk if have one?
2 Answers from the Community
The software restore discs that come with your Mac are designed only to be used with the system is came with. Since your Mac mini was purchased after the Up-to-Date program launched, you are likely eligible for an upgrade to Snow Leopard for $9.95.
If you purchased the computers from an Apple Store, the Snow Leopard disc that was supplied may have been a "CPU Drop-In Kit", which works with any Mac that supports Snow Leopard. If you received one of those, you may use that to upgrade your Mac mini to Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Mike B from Roswell
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
that disk is only licensed for one computer. though it may work on 2
- Answered by Phillip S from North Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
where is DVD or CD on the desk top?
- Asked by David P from Champaign
- 01 12, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (where is DVD or CD on the desk top?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
How do I connect a 2011 27" LED cinema to a MACPRO with DVI port (2007)
- Asked by Diego G from Pompano Beach
- 05 6, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect a 2011 27" LED cinema to a MACPRO with DVI port (2007))
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter