I have a iMac G5 with a CPU PowerPC G5 (3.0). Can I get an Intel processor installed in it so I can Snow leopard?
2 Answers from the Community
No, your machine has a PowerPC G5 processor, and the Intel processor and motherboard architecture are completely different. The only solution to upgrading is to sell this machine and buy a new Intel based one.
- Answered by Trevor I from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As far as I know, no. In addition, processors are one of the most expensive parts on a computer. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new Mac.
- Answered by Dominick V from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have a PowerPC G5 with a Super Drive that cannot read DL DVD's. Will the Apple USB Superdrive work on this machine so that I can install OS X 10.5?
- Asked by Ryan E from Warrenton
- 08 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a PowerPC G5 with a Super Drive that cannot read DL DVD's. Will the Apple USB Superdrive work on this machine so that I can install OS X 10.5?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive