I have a iMac G5 with a CPU PowerPC G5 (3.0). Can I get an Intel processor installed in it so I can Snow leopard?
2 Answers from the Community
No, your machine has a PowerPC G5 processor, and the Intel processor and motherboard architecture are completely different. The only solution to upgrading is to sell this machine and buy a new Intel based one.
- Answered by Trevor I from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As far as I know, no. In addition, processors are one of the most expensive parts on a computer. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new Mac.
- Answered by Dominick V from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Hi all, I have an iMac, 2.55 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, and I'd like to run my 30" all aluminum cinema display on it. Can I do this? TIA.
- Asked by Harold R from West Chester
- 07 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi all, I have an iMac, 2.55 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, and I'd like to run my 30" all aluminum cinema display on it. Can I do this? TIA.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…