i have a mac os x 10.5.8 can i get office home and student 2016 what do i need for upgrads
1 Answer from the Community
I am assuming that you want to get Office 2016 for Mac (not Office 2016 for Windows which would then require Windows emulation).
Office 2016 for Mac requires Mac OS 10.10 or later.
You currently have Mac OS 10.5.8.
Step 1) Determine if your Mac is Intel-based. (Go to "About This Mac" in the Apple menu. If the word "Intel" appears anywhere beside "Processor" you have an Intel-based Mac.)
Step 2) Determine if OS 10.11 is supported by your Mac hardware and that you have at least 2GB of memory. (Any Mac that supports OS 10.9 or OS 10.10 also supports OS 10.11. OS 10.9 and OS 10.10 are no longer available.) (To find out if your Mac hardware is supported, go to supportDOTappleDOTcom/kb/SP728 - replace each "DOT" with ".")
Step 3) If your Mac passes steps 1 and 2: Purchase and install Snow Leopard (available only on DVD from online Apple Store). Approx US$20 with free shipping.
Step 4) Once Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) is installed, do Software Update (found in the Apple menu) to bring up to OS 10.6.8. With OS 10.6.8, the App Store app will be installed.
Step 5) Open the App Store app and download and install the free OS 10.11 (El Capitan).
Now you should be ready to install Office 2016 for Mac.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?
- Asked by Jerry Osagie S from Barcelona
- 01 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
can I connect ipad mini with my computer monitor only with this cable?
- Asked by Annie P from Oakville
- 11 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect ipad mini with my computer monitor only with this cable?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m