I have a MACBOOK PRO with O/S Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I would like to purchase Keynote & I am wondering if I have to upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion.
- Asked by Sekoiaa L from Otonabee-south Monaghan
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MACBOOK PRO with O/S Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I would like to purchase Keynote & I am wondering if I have to upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion.)
2 Answers from the Community
The present version of Keynote is version 5.3. Keynote 5.3 requires Lion (OS 10.7.4) or later.
Note: Keynote is available individually through the App Store. It is also available in iWork 9. iWork 9 has had various versions, each version having different OS requirements.
Version x.0 (which would contain Keynote 5.0) requires OS 10.4.11.
Version x.1 (with Keynote 5.1) requires OS 10.6.6.
Version x.2 (with Keynote 5.2) requires OS 10.7.4.
Version x.3 (with Keynote 5.3) requires OS 10.7.4 or OS 10.8.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you purchase it off the Mac App store, you require Lion.
You could install it off a DVD box set, and then it will work in 10.6.x
It's easier to install Mountain Lion though (provided your MBP has at least 2GB of RAM and a Core 2 Duo processor and is a Mid/Late 2007 model or newer).
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will OS X Lion 10.7 support iCloud?
- Asked by Barbara N from Dallas
- 02 3, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (will OS X Lion 10.7 support iCloud?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- 08 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…