I have Mac OS X 10.4.11, processor 2GHz Core Duo,What do I need if I want to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard? Thank you :)
3 Answers from the Community
If you have at least 1GB Ram you can install Snow Leopard. You can use any Snow Leopard DVD. I upgraded the same system to Snow Leopard.
1) Cloned the hard drive partition with OS 10.4.11 to an external hard drive and made sure I could start up from that hard drive.
2) Used the US$29 DVD and did a clean install of Snow Leopard onto the "old" partition. Instructions on doing a clean install are here:
(replace each "DOT" with ".").
During install you will be asked if you want to import your OS settings, applications and/or files from the external hard drive. Do this so all your email settings and applications are ready to go after installation.
3) When you restart in Snow Leopard do a software update to bring Snow Leopard up to the latest version (which is now 10.6.6). This is much more stable than earlier versions.
4) All my apps continue to work. But I did have to get updated printer drivers from printer manufacturers. Until I could get the updated printer drivers, I could still start up from OS 10.4.11 on the external hard drive to use the printers in the meantime.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You need the Mac OS X 10.6 Box Set. This will get you the new Snow Leopard, new iLife, new iWork all in one package! After upgrading (it may take some time) make sure you go to System Preferences>Software Update and as well it may take some time running the Updates. But after that, you're all good!
- Answered by Karl B from Charleston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You will need to buy the Mac Box Set. The Mac Box Set can be found at the apple online store, apple retail stores and other third party places. I would give you the link, but it will not let me give you a link on this answer.
- Answered by Sally M from Saint Louis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Upgrading from OS X Yosemite to OS X Sierra
- Asked by Donald M from Olrando
- 12 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrading from OS X Yosemite to OS X Sierra)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
WILL OS X LION (10.7) WORK ON MACBOOK 13-INCH LATE 2007
- Asked by Rachel M from Jacksonville
- 07 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (WILL OS X LION (10.7) WORK ON MACBOOK 13-INCH LATE 2007)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Why must the computer be Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later when it is a USB keyboard?
- Asked by Katie W from Toronto
- 12 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Why must the computer be Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later when it is a USB keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …