i have mac os x 10.6.8 what upgrade is next?
My mac is from 2007 what upgrade can I do next?
- Asked by Nanci M from Elizabeth
- Flag as inappropriate (i have mac os x 10.6.8 what upgrade is next?)
1 Answer from the Community
Depends on your Mac's hardware (model and year).
Open the App Store app. If your Mac is supported, you should be able to download for free and install OS 10.11. (Then, once OS 10.11 is running, and your Mac is supported, you can download and install OS 10.12.)
If your Mac is not supported by OS 10.11, you might be able to install OS 10.7 or OS 10.8 (purchased from the online Apple Store).
Since your Mac is from 2007: if it is an iMac and has at least 2GB of memory, the maximum operating system officially supported is OS 10.11. If it is a late 2006 iMac with at least 2GB of memory the maximum OS is OS 10.7, and if early 2006 the maximum OS is OS 10.6.
For a more definitive answer ask your question again, but this time give your Model Identifier. The Model Identifier is found by going to the Apple Menu --> About This Mac --> More Info --> System Report --> Hardware Overview.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
i am running OS X 10.6.8 on my mac. how do i upgrade my software?
- Asked by Jovanny L from Ocean
- 06 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (i am running OS X 10.6.8 on my mac. how do i upgrade my software?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)