I have OS X 10.5.8, also Windows Vista running under Bootcamp. If I upgrade to 10.6, what happens to Bootcamp and the Windows files?
Bootcamp when upgrading to 10.6
1 Answer from the Community
With personal experience, the easy upgrade (not clean install) retains all partitions, applications, personal files and preferences, including your Bootcamp partition. After upgrading, you won't notice any change until you start using some of your applications which are radically faster, the first I noticed was Safari.
In short: Your Windows partition will remain unchanged, this also goes for any virtual machines, even those saved in your personal folder.
Also worth to notice: If your bootcamp partition is formated with NTFS, it's untouchable by the Mac OS unless you re-format your whole drive.
- Answered by Max W from Göteborg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this with a Windows 10 PC (not running bootcamp)?
- Asked by Andrew H from Brooklyn
- 03 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with a Windows 10 PC (not running bootcamp)?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?
- Asked by Daniele T from Ferrara
- 08 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Bootcamp windows 10 failed but cannot restore
- Asked by Sander H from Merksem
- 01 29, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Bootcamp windows 10 failed but cannot restore)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet