i have Snow Leopard on my i-Mac up to date ... my girlfriend has an older (5yrs?) Mac Book ... we both use the MacBook for travel. can i use my SL?
1 Answer from the Community
No. I believe Apple license only allows each copy of the OS to be on a single computer.
However, she can install using the $29 Snow Leopard Install DVD provided her MacBook meets the following requirements: Intel based Mac, 1 GB RAM, DVD drive for installation, and, 5 GB of hard drive space.
Some features of the OS may require additional requirements. The packaging says to go to Apple's web site for information.
The $29 install DVD is the full Snow Leopard OS, but without iLife and iWorks. Apple advertising marketing may imply it is an "upgrade from Leopard" which causes some confusion, but the $29 install DVD will do a clean install and import settings from older OS's such as Tiger.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this charger for an older mac?
- Asked by Theresa L from Newton
- 05 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this charger for an older mac?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- 08 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
will this work with snow leopard on a mac mini?
- Asked by Judith H from Evanston
- 06 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with snow leopard on a mac mini?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive