i have Snow Leopard on my i-Mac up to date ... my girlfriend has an older (5yrs?) Mac Book ... we both use the MacBook for travel. can i use my SL?
1 Answer from the Community
No. I believe Apple license only allows each copy of the OS to be on a single computer.
However, she can install using the $29 Snow Leopard Install DVD provided her MacBook meets the following requirements: Intel based Mac, 1 GB RAM, DVD drive for installation, and, 5 GB of hard drive space.
Some features of the OS may require additional requirements. The packaging says to go to Apple's web site for information.
The $29 install DVD is the full Snow Leopard OS, but without iLife and iWorks. Apple advertising marketing may imply it is an "upgrade from Leopard" which causes some confusion, but the $29 install DVD will do a clean install and import settings from older OS's such as Tiger.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will force touch work with older Mac laptops that do not have force touch trackpads?
- Asked by Thomas C from Petaluma
- 01 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will force touch work with older Mac laptops that do not have force touch trackpads?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2
Apple World Travel Adapter and how to use it for iPhone
- Asked by Hamid K from East Greenwich
- 04 13, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple World Travel Adapter and how to use it for iPhone)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit