I haven't upgraded since OS 10.4.11. I have a 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5. I need to upgrade all my software and need to know what the best OS option is.
My mac is 3 years old and until recently has been running fine. Finding that I need to upgrade my Adobe software and have added new peripherals: desktop printer, scanner, external hard drive, card reader..., with lots of problems following. Thought if I updated OS then software I might resolve many of the problems I'm seeing.
1 Answer from the Community
Leopard is the most upto date OS you can install on your system due to the Power PC Processor.
I'm not sure whether Leopard would resolve these issues for you - It's possible as I would imagine that the peripherals are new - So Leopard may have drivers built in to support these add-ons.
Snow Leopard however is not compatible with your system.
- Answered by Gary H from Hockley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will it work with OS X 10.4.11
- Asked by Luz S. T from Alice
- 07 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with OS X 10.4.11)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Do I need to upgrade to mac os sierra?
- Asked by Steve S from Boring
- 10 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to upgrade to mac os sierra?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
What I need is Os 10.7.2 . Where can I buy it?
- Asked by Hector F from Yauco
- 10 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (What I need is Os 10.7.2 . Where can I buy it?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)