I still have OS X10.4.11. What should i update to next ?
- Asked by Gina S from Janesville
- Flag as inappropriate (I still have OS X10.4.11. What should i update to next ?)
1 Answer from the Community
First check to see whether you have an Intel-based Mac. (Go to Apple menu and select "About this Mac". Look for the word "Intel" anywhere in the description next to "Processor".)
If you have an Intel-based Mac and at least 1GB of memory, you can upgrade directly to Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard comes on a DVD. Once you startup in Snow Leopard, then go to Apple Menu and do Software Update to bring Snow Leopard up to OS 10.6.8.
OS 10.6.8 gives you access to the App Store, from where you can download Mountain Lion (OS 10.8). However, if your Mac is old enough to have had OS 10.4.11, it is doubtful it can run Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion will not run on Macs introduced before mid-2007 to early-2009 (the date depends on the model of Mac). (Note: OS 10.5 was introduced in October 2007, so it is almost certain that your Mac is too old for Mountain Lion.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this Airport Express work with OS X 10.4.11?
- Asked by Suzanne D from San Diego
- 02 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this Airport Express work with OS X 10.4.11?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Will it work with OS X 10.4.11
- Asked by Luz S. T from Alice
- 07 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with OS X 10.4.11)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme