If I have 10.6.8 can I simply purchase and download os x lion?
- Asked by Tony E from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have 10.6.8 can I simply purchase and download os x lion?)
1 Answer from the Community
As long as you meet the minimum hardware requirements... nothing less than an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB of memory.
Also, I would advise making a bootable clone of your 10.6.8 partition, and only upgrading one of the 10.6.8 partitions. Lion discontinues support for Rosetta, meaning older apps will not run on it. By having two bootable partitions, one with Snow Leopard, the other with Lion, you have the freedom to start up from either OS.
Simply press option when starting up your Mac to change the start up partition... or use System Preferences --> Start up disk.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i connect ipad air2 to mac os x version 10.6.8
- Asked by Philip A
- 10 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect ipad air2 to mac os x version 10.6.8)
- Asked about: iPad
Will the Airport Extreme work with my iMac OS X v10.6.8?
- Asked by Rob H from Versailles
- 03 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Extreme work with my iMac OS X v10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme