my laptop is pre loaded with windows xp, can I delete this and load mac os operating system?
2 Answers from the Community
There is a way:
Your Mac may come with two restore DVDs or a restore USB drive. Plug it in and press the power key than HOLD DOWN option until it displays on screen. Then,format the hard drive to HFS+. Finally install OS X.
If you lost the restore DVDs (or it didn't come with you Mac), just buy it then install it in same way. It works the same but it isn't legal.
- Answered by 春炜 刘 from 南通市崇川区
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Unfortunately you can not do this legally as it would violate Apple's EULA rights. My best advice is to just buy a Mac. They are the best anyway in my opinion.
Hope that this has answered your question.
- Answered by Alexander C from Wilburton, Ely
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
mac air with no operating system. how can I install Lion
- Asked by Abraham T F
- 04 17, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (mac air with no operating system. how can I install Lion)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
does the supedrive down load a op system when plugged in
- Asked by Francis W from Mililani
- 05 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (does the supedrive down load a op system when plugged in)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
can airport express work with window vista operating system
- Asked by Meena D from St.thomas
- 09 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express work with window vista operating system)
- Asked about: AirPort Express