My os is 10.5.8 I want to install xcode in my macbook. Do I need to buy snow leopard to upgrade the OS?
- Asked by Katy P from Beverly Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (My os is 10.5.8 I want to install xcode in my macbook. Do I need to buy snow leopard to upgrade the OS?)
1 Answer from the Community
Depends on the version of Xcode you want to use. A quick Google search for "xcode system requirements" reveals that Xcode was originally released in 2003, long before "Tiger", "Leopard" and "Snow Leopard".
Xcode is supposed to be on the OS install disk. I know it is on the Snow Leopard install disk (version 3.2 is in the Optional Installs folder). It is also on disk 1 of the Tiger install disks (version 2.4.1 is in the Xcode Tools folder).
So, check your Leopard install disk(s) to see which version you have.
Of course, if you need to use the latest version of Xcode, you will probably need Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?
- Asked by Jerry Osagie S from Barcelona
- 01 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)