Our church is running OS X 10.5.8. but our networked printer/copier, Ricoh Aficio MPC4000 PCL 5c refuses to print Mac. will this update help?
Printer Driver-Office Networked printer will not print anyting in Mac 0S X 10.5.8 Update helpful?
2 Answers from the Community
Hi there. Greetings from Mac land.
I recently discovered (I felt stupid but) that the new computer operating systems come with printer drivers already installed. In fact this has been the case for some years so old operating systems also follow this system. Therefore, it is a question of waiting.
Example. I bought a printer in 2004 by Dell with Windows XP. The driver came with the printer on CD for Windows XP and earlier Windows versions. I upgraded to Windows Vista eight months ago. This printer was not compatible with Vista so I threw it away as the printer was cheap. This was a mistake because around two weeks ago Microsoft released the Vista-compatible driver for my old Dell printer free of charge as a Vista update.
Your printer seems to be a model from New Zealand but I might be incorrect about this. Do not throw away the printer. Apple might release an update. Can you try it on a pc using Windows vista? Can you try it on a pc using windows 7? You may have to wait a long time. You might wish to purchase a cheap alternative printer or reinstall your operating system and refuse apple updates. If you keep the OS as it was originally when it worked with OS 10 (i.e. do not update the OS) it might work for you.
- Answered by Samuel R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Maybe. Make sure you have downloaded the latest PPD from ricoh.com. Also download the printer utility. If these do not solve your issue make sure that your copy machine does not have job accounting enabled or if it does make sure you have the account code to print to it. If this does not resolve the issue see if it has postscript enabled and try setting it up as a postscript printer instead. I doubt a OS upgrade would make the difference with printing. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Landon P from Berne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
does the Super Drive work with an older Mac: macbook: mac OS X version 10.5.8
- Asked by Pamela F from Lawrenceville
- 02 9, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (does the Super Drive work with an older Mac: macbook: mac OS X version 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can I direct connect an old Mac running 10.5.8 through a new Airport? What if I split the cable so it also runs direct to old computer?
- Asked by Susan K from New York
- 10 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I direct connect an old Mac running 10.5.8 through a new Airport? What if I split the cable so it also runs direct to old computer?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?
- Asked by Jerry Osagie S from Barcelona
- 01 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)