what is the best system for a mac book - icebox?
looking to reinstall a mac ice book
what is there best system to put on it
- Asked by Pete D from Wallsend
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the best system for a mac book - icebox?)
1 Answer from the Community
Can you provide the model identifier? Model Identifier is found by going to "About This Mac" under the Apple menu. Click "More Info" and then "System Report". Under Hardware Overview is the "Model Identifier". It should be in format similar to "MacBook7,1".
The MacBook A1181 family covers 17 various models (when including color of the case). Model Identifiers range from MacBook1,1 through MacBook5,2.
The MacBook A1342 family covers Model Identifiers MacBook6,1 and MacBook7,1.
MacBook1,1 supports up to OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
MacBook2,1 through MacBook4,2 supports up to OS 10.7 (Lion).
MacBook5,1 and later supports up to OS 10.11 (El Capitan) (and possibly future OS versions as well).
If you do not have working OS on MacBook in order to look up Model Identifier, look for a model number on the case itself.
MacBook1,1 has model numbers: MA254*/A MA255*/A MA472*/A
MacBook2,1 has model numbers: MA699*/A MA700*/A MA701*/A MB061*/A MB062*/A MB063*/A
MacBook3,1 has model numbers: MB061*/B MB062*/B MB063*/B
MacBook4,1 has model numbers: MB402*/A MB403*/A MB404*/A
MacBook4,2 has model numbers: MB402*/B
MacBook5,1 has model numbers: MB466*/A; MB467*/A
MacBook5,2 has model numbers: MB881*/A MC240*/A
MacBook6,1 has model numbers: A1342 (with order number: MC207*/A )
MacBook7,1 has model numbers: A1342 (with order number: MC516*/A )
Other MacBooks not discussed above: MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook (Retina) . . .
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
mac book pro retina and sound cards
- Asked by Simone H from Venezuela
- 11 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (mac book pro retina and sound cards)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
I have a Mac Book Retina which bought in the USA but will now be moving to the UK. What is the best solution for adapting my cable for a UK plug.
- Asked by Coran O
- 08 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac Book Retina which bought in the USA but will now be moving to the UK. What is the best solution for adapting my cable for a UK plug.)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit