Will snow leopard enable me to use windows on my mac?
I need to use windows on my mac so that i can use a program called templot but i am worried that i will spend £25 on snow leopard and still not be able to use windows.......Would anyone be able to help me or refer something that will definitely work so as to not waste money on something i won`t need?
1 Answer from the Community
For myself, I prefer to have a windows PC sitting beside my iMac when I "have to" run windows programs because someone "requires" me to run a Windows program. It saves me from rebooting my Mac into Windows mode, and I keep full access to all my Mac apps, docs and info at all times.
If you want to use Windows at native speeds on your Mac (not through software emulation), then use BootCamp. The BootCamp Assistant app is required to install BootCamp and after Snow Leopard is installed, that app is located in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder. (BootCamp Assistant is also installed with OS 10.5, if you have that OS already.)
BootCamp will allow Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 to run on the Mac (Windows 7 requires BootCamp 3.1 or later and OS10.6 but stay within BootCamp 3.x version numbers..., because BootCamp 4 requires Lion).
Of course, you will also need to have an authentic full-install Windows Installation Disk in order to install Windows.
For more info, go to
(replace each "DOT" with ".")
System requirements for BootCamp:
After installing BootCamp, check for updates to version 3.2 or 3.3. Updates are located on the right side of this page:
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will this work with snow leopard on a mac mini?
- Asked by Judith H from Evanston
- 06 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with snow leopard on a mac mini?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
I had a iPhone integration system installed in my car while I had the iPhone 4. Now I have the iPhone 5. Will the adapater enable me to hear my music?
- Asked by Tori H from Dallas
- 10 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I had a iPhone integration system installed in my car while I had the iPhone 4. Now I have the iPhone 5. Will the adapater enable me to hear my music?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter