Can this adapter be used to connect to the printer (that has just the USB socket) to use the printer via local Ethernet?
2 Answers from the Community
You will need a print server to connect your USB printer to an ethernet network. In addition to handling the USB-ethernet conversion, it also handles the printer communications. A number of these servers are available from companies like Linksys/Cisco and D-Link, and they do not have to be Apple-specific. Note that most (if not all) will only access the print functions of multi-purpose machines (i.e., not the scan/fax functions).
- Answered by Ray H from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I doubt it. This adapter is for Apple computers only.
- Answered by Derek K from Hanover
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this connect to printer via USB cable? My printer isn't supported by AirPrint.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- 01 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this connect to printer via USB cable? My printer isn't supported by AirPrint.)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Chase H from Saint Marys
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…