Can this be used as a regular modem for faxing from the computer
- Asked by Pamela B from Smithfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as a regular modem for faxing from the computer)
2 Answers from the Community
In addition to what Jacob said, ethernet is not the same thing as a phone cord. However, before broadband, people used the phone lines to connect to the internet, but it was excruciatingly slow. Ethernet actually started out as two phone cords which were twisted together.
- Answered by Joshua B from Waterford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is a simple cord which allows you to plug an ethernet cord into your computer. The primary use is most likely for the MacBook Air's which do not have a built in ethernet port.
This will not provide any significant additional functionality to your computer that you would not have with a Wi-Fi connection.
It has been over 15 years since I worked with true faxing on a computer but I believe that would require a telephone line and a modem capable of such a functionality.
- Answered by Jacob B from Rutherfordton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time
- Asked by Jason S from Bowling Green
- 02 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R8 32TB (8 x 4TB) …
Can I change my contacts setup so that phone details do not start with Fax
- Asked by Mike L from Woodley
- 05 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I change my contacts setup so that phone details do not start with Fax)
- Asked about: iPhone