I don't have ethernet lines out in the country. I just have the regular phone line. Will this work for me?
2 Answers from the Community
Not by itself. You need to set up a broadband ADSL account with an internet service provider to supply your house with internet access via your telephone line. that connection will involve a modem/router device that connects to your telephone cable (on the modem part) and also has ethernet port(s) (on the router part).
With the account set up and the modem/router plugged in to your phone line, you'll then be able to plug ethernet capable devices (or devices connected to this adapter via a usb 2.0 port) into the modem to connect to the net.
This is the same procedure needed when connecting to broadband via ethernet in the city as most houses only have the regular phone lines there as well.
- Answered by Gregory P from Ovingham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Thanks for your response Gregory.
We don't have a broadband cable line out here in the country.
I am lucky to have one of the old models of this adapter that does go into a regular phone line. It works on my older MacBookPro but I don't think it will work on a new MacBookPro.
We pretty well have to go the wireless route out here.
- Answered by Brenda N from Madoc
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the line out work with the microphone on the Apple Earbuds?
- Asked by Chase S from Omaha
- 07 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the line out work with the microphone on the Apple Earbuds?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
Does XS support 2 incoming phone lines
- Asked by Roger K from Tahoe City
- 12 9, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Does XS support 2 incoming phone lines)
- Asked about: iPhone
Just to clarify, is if you want to use regular head phones how would you?
- Asked by Appiah D from Mount Vernon
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Just to clarify, is if you want to use regular head phones how would you?)
- Asked about: AirPods