I saw an OEM comp version of the mag safe adapter. Has anyone tried it and if it works well for a Powerbook G4 15" since mine crackles & sparks.
2 Answers from the Community
PowerBooks do NOT use the MagSafe connection.
MagSafe was only introduced in the MacBook / MacBook Pro range (the Intel based laptops) which spelt the end of the iBook / PowerBook product ranges.
You CANNOT use a MagSafe Power Adaptor to charge a PowerBook.
- Answered by John P from Hobart
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
These adapters are for the MacBook Pro, not the Powerbooks. I have not seen another Magsafe adapter by another manufacturer due to the design being patented. Friends that have used the 3rd party PowerBook adapters have all fried their computers, without exception.
- Answered by David R from Indio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Farmington
- 03 10, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Hi – has anyone tried this adaptor with Vuzix 920 video goggles – The spec suggest that it will not work . can anyone confirm that it will not work 5
- Asked by Kirk L
- 07 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi – has anyone tried this adaptor with Vuzix 920 video goggles – The spec suggest that it will not work . can anyone confirm that it will not work 5)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter