Can this be used to connect to my av reciever that has no usb ports for music playback thru my stereo speakers. ?Can you provide a wiring diagram?
2 Answers from the Community
I did this already for my ipod classic. Older stereo amps output analog, (l&r stereo jacks should be at back). You need an adapter (avail. from Radio Shack) to go from the 2 analog outputs to a single mini stereo cable from the headphone socket on your ipod. You should also connect your ipod to a power source. (I use the dock with power plug that came with my original ipod.) When your ipod is playing, it constitutes an audio-in device, so be sure to attach your l/r audio plugs to an "audio in" location on the back of your amplifier. You can only do this via an amplifier, since the ipod itself only outputs enough sound for earphones.
- Answered by Pamela V from Antrim
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes can be used for music playback without USB port. Pretty much the usb port is used for power purposes.
- Answered by Sergio N from Folsom
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the passthrough 30-pin port also work for music playback?
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- 05 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the passthrough 30-pin port also work for music playback?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Can I connect the ipad (using this Camera Connection Kit) to a USB DAC for playing music in my stereo? i.e. I am using the ipad as an transport.
- Asked by Anonymous A
- 07 28, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the ipad (using this Camera Connection Kit) to a USB DAC for playing music in my stereo? i.e. I am using the ipad as an transport.)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit