Can this be used to connect to my av reciever that has no usb ports for music playback thru my stereo speakers. ?Can you provide a wiring diagram?
2 Answers from the Community
I did this already for my ipod classic. Older stereo amps output analog, (l&r stereo jacks should be at back). You need an adapter (avail. from Radio Shack) to go from the 2 analog outputs to a single mini stereo cable from the headphone socket on your ipod. You should also connect your ipod to a power source. (I use the dock with power plug that came with my original ipod.) When your ipod is playing, it constitutes an audio-in device, so be sure to attach your l/r audio plugs to an "audio in" location on the back of your amplifier. You can only do this via an amplifier, since the ipod itself only outputs enough sound for earphones.
- Answered by Pamela V from Antrim
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes can be used for music playback without USB port. Pretty much the usb port is used for power purposes.
- Answered by Sergio N from Folsom
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What cable do I need to listen to my iphone 6+ on my car stereo thru the USB?
- Asked by Bryan B from Point Pleasant
- 06 24, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to listen to my iphone 6+ on my car stereo thru the USB?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- 06 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter