How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?
I see from the Apple Support Communities forum that in April 2010 there were problems with this when a large number of people upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.5.8, and their Macs wouldn't recognize this monitor, when previously they had done so prior to upgrading their OS.
I don't want to get the wrong or an unnecessary cable, nor do I want to mess with the software.
1 Answer from the Community
This is very interesting as I've never heard that.
I would recommend taking your computer to the nearest Apple store and getting definitive answers on whether this is true. Just tell them what you've heard. If you get the answer you want, and it looks good, show your laptop, and see if they can fix you up with a cable.
I will tell you this. There are almost no aftermarket cables. Most all the cables come from Apple.
One thing I know is that there was some changes to some of the software so you can mirror through Apple TV. Meaning, one can rent/buy a movie on iTunes and run it on your mac. Then you can mirror it to your TV using Apple TV. Pretty cool. That was OSX Mountain Lion and up.
Either way, you need person to person assistance.
- Answered by Donald B from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What adapter do I need to run my hp w2207h 22" monitor using my Macbook pro? I have read DVI to DVI then from that to another adapter DVI To VGA.
- Asked by Jodilynn F from Calgary
- 03 29, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (What adapter do I need to run my hp w2207h 22" monitor using my Macbook pro? I have read DVI to DVI then from that to another adapter DVI To VGA.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
can i connect ipad air2 to mac os x version 10.6.8
- Asked by Philip A
- 10 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect ipad air2 to mac os x version 10.6.8)
- Asked about: iPad