will the slingplayer app play video out through this cable?
- Asked by Darrin N from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate (will the slingplayer app play video out through this cable?)
5 Answers from the Community
I would like to know if anyone has been able to achieve this. Here is the Slingbox support site answer regarding this:
"If you're using SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone/iPod touch, be aware that there is no TV-out feature. The same is true with SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad.
This means that there is no provision, within either SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone/iPod touch or SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad, for connecting your device to a TV or a computer monitor and displaying the SlingPlayer Mobile picture.
You can use the audio-out jack on your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad to play audio through another device, however."
To the person who just said, "yes" do you have something to support that answer?
- Answered by Paul M from Sterling
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Version 2.1 of the Slingplayer for iPhone adds component cable video out support on iPhone 4 devices when streaming in HQ mode!
Note COMPONENT cable, so composite may not work.
- Answered by Damian F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Agree with the first answer, and have no idea what the second answer of "yes" means. Needs further details from that source. Slingbox technical team again reiterates that AV out is not supported for for Sling Mobile so neither component or composite iphone cables will drive a video out signal. Very frustrating. The Apple cable works great with Youtube and other applications that support video out, but not Slingbox. And the Slingbox help line could not provide any further details beyond "AV Out is not supported". So don't buy the Slingbox if you wanted to also connect your Iphone to external display at remote sites. It works great on just the small form factor iphone display but they could have greatly enhanced it with AV out support.
- Answered by David F from Phoenix
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have had a composite AV cable for a while. It didn't used to play the video from slingplayer when I connected to TV last year. When I tried this year it now connects video and audio and has been a real benefit! I can only put it down to a update I downloaded for slingplayer recently. This is an IPAD1 I am using.
- Answered by Michael B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
- Answered by Trevor H from Fayston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Does the Lightning Digital AV adapter work with the slingplayer app?
- Asked by Leslie R from Gilbert
- 03 11, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Lightning Digital AV adapter work with the slingplayer app?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
where's iPad’s built-in Videos app located
- Asked by Basilio A from Covington
- 01 21, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (where's iPad’s built-in Videos app located)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet