how do you connect an ipod touch to hd TV
We would like to connect a 4th generation ipod touch to a TV to allow for HD streaming. What type of cable connection would we need and how do you purchase this product?
- Asked by Nolan M from Parksville
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect an ipod touch to hd TV)
1 Answer from the Community
Ok, I will assume your TV has an HDMI connector, as to do this with DVI or VGA is a bit different as these latter two do not carry audio, current HDMI standard does.
First, you need the "Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter". This adapter converts your 30-pin adapter on your iPod 4G to HDMI with audio. Once you have this adapter, you need a cable, such as the one here "Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable" to run from this adapter to the TV.
And yes, this will all be in HD, assuming your video you are sending to the TV is HD. Also, the audio is digital, so you'll get great sound quality, too.
Another option is to skip the cables, and go wireless with AirPlay through an AppleTV. The quality of wireless video will be a lower vs. a cable, but the freedom of wireless can be very nice!
- Answered by Charles H from Saint Paul
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect a television feed to the iMac to use the monitor as a TV? HD too? If so which accessories would I need?
- Asked by Chris D
- 11 16, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a television feed to the iMac to use the monitor as a TV? HD too? If so which accessories would I need?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…