What cable do I need to connect a MacBook pro to an hdmi tv? I think it requires a USB connection
1 Answer from the Community
USB is NOT used for this sort of video connection.
There's two ways of doing this. The first is possible only if you have a relatively new MacBook Pro (or iMac) that has a Mini DisplayPort connection for external video. If so, you can use the Kanex Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable available through the Apple Store.
For any type of MacBook, MacBook Pro, or iMac, you can use a combination of:
1. A video adapter that turns your Mac's external display port into generic DVI. The specific adapter required depends on your Mac, as different models have used different types of connections. For example, if your MacBook has a mini-DVI connector, then you'll need a mini-DVI to DVI adapter. Apple has DVI adapters for almost all of their various models (past and present).
2. A DVI to HDMI cable, such as the ones from Belkin available here at the Apple Store.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what cable or cord is needed to connect the ipad 4 to the television
- Asked by Shada T from Parkville
- 06 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable or cord is needed to connect the ipad 4 to the television)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
I am looking for a hdmi adapter/cable to connect one end to my mac pro and mac air to connect with my television, - products for this ??
- Asked by Jane K from Hollis
- 02 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (I am looking for a hdmi adapter/cable to connect one end to my mac pro and mac air to connect with my television, - products for this ??)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter