can i use an apple 30 pin av cord with a lightening adapter to play movies from iPad mini retina on tv
I have played movies from my iPad 2 with a 30 pin av cord on a tv with hdmi hook ups - can I do the same thing with an iPad mini with the lightening adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
No, the lightning to 30-pin adapter only supports charging and audio, but not video. I'm sorry to say that you will need to purchase Apple's overpriced lightning digital av adapter for $49. You can find it at most stores. I would consider looking into an Apple TV. It is $99 and you can wirelessly stream video and audio from any apple device. You can find it in most stores.
- Answered by Evan S from Shelby Township
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this cable to charge my iPad while playing content on my HDTV with the Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter ?
- Asked by Robert L from St-marc-sur-richelieu
- 11 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to charge my iPad while playing content on my HDTV with the Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter ?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver
- Asked by Katie R from Letchworth
- 09 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightening to 30 pin adaptor - will I get TV picture signal from an IDTV tuner/receiver)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter