What exactly does this do and not do?
In the description it says that this adapter:
"mirrors whatever’s on your iPad or iPhone 4S screen".
Then a little further down it states that you can:
"Watch slideshows and films on the big screen in up to 720p by connecting your iPad, iPhone 4 or iPod touch (4th generation)."
But then over to the side there is a footnote that states:
"* Video mirroring is available with iPad 2 or later and iPhone 4S."
So what is the difference?
Also it states:
"The Apple Digital AV Adapter routes digital audio to screens that support it."
How do I know if my screen supports it?
I have an iPhone 4 and have ordered a "New" iPad. So I would like a few more specifics so that I know what I can expect it to do for each.
- Asked by Juanita L from Cape Coral
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly does this do and not do?)
1 Answer from the Community
This adapter exports audio/video through HDMI.
For the iPhone 4S, the iPad 2 and the "new" iPad, virtually everything can be mirrored to another display. This means it will display exactly what you see on both the iPad/iPhone and the monitor.
For the iPhone 4 and the 1st generation iPad, it will not mirror the screen (the processor isn't equipped for multiple display outputs.)
All of these devices will allow you to watch videos/pictures/slideshows on your tv using the adapter.
If the display device you are hooking it up to accepts audio through hdmi, then the audio will also be sent. Some older stereo receivers only pass through video (especially older Onkyo receivers) via hdmi.
- Answered by William B from Babylon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What are the exact dimensions of this sleeve?
- Asked by John C from Warren
- 08 27, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the exact dimensions of this sleeve?)
- Asked about: Leather Sleeve for 12.9‑inch iPad P…
What are the exact measurements in mm?
- Asked by Young L from Berlin
- 02 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the exact measurements in mm?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
No answers yet