Full gigabit speeds?
I just got CenturyLink Gigabit service, and the fastest speeds I can get ising this adapter is around 650Mbps down/800Mbs up. The CenturyLink installer says it's a limitation of my hardware, and that only fairly new machines will actually get the full 1000Mbs / 1000Mbs speeds.
Mid-2012 MBP Retina, which has no ethernet so I'm using this adapter.
Does anyone know if there are limits in the adapter, older Macs, or...? If I get a new MBP but it turns out it's the adapter that is chocking things, then I won't see any benefit on that front.
- Asked by Allen M from Bellingham
- Flag as inappropriate (Full gigabit speeds?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Is the LAN port Gigabit ethernet?
- Asked by Dustin F from Vancouver
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the LAN port Gigabit ethernet?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express