why is thunderbolt adapter hot?
I use my Thunderbolt Gigabit adapter to connect to the internet. With in 15 minutes, the adapter is noticeably warm. I cannot tie this to any given activity, such as a prolonged download/upload, to video watching, or updates.
- Asked by Courtney N from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate (why is thunderbolt adapter hot?)
1 Answer from the Community
The end of the adapter that connects to your Mac actually contains a tiny chip that handles the "translation" to/from the Ethernet and Thunderbolt ports. It's completely normal for it (or any other Thunderbolt connector) to become warm during use, so there's nothing to worry about. :)
- Answered by Jacob P from Meridian
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
"firewire to thunderbolt" adapter?
- Asked by Edmund B F from Houston
- 01 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate ("firewire to thunderbolt" adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
No answers yet
connect this to thunderbolt display
- Asked by Dewey N from Dunedin
- 01 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (connect this to thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Washington
- 09 30, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…