Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?
Just ordered the new (October 2016) MacBook Pro and need a cable to connect my Firewire 800 drives to it.
1 Answer from the Community
No, it is not a Thunderbolt 3 type connector (USB C), you would need to connect this connector to a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 connector. I have not seen a Thunderbolt 3 to Firewire connector from Apple.
- Answered by Seth B from Fort Lauderdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work for Type C plug in BRAZIL?
- Asked by Stephen B from El Cerrito
- 04 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for Type C plug in BRAZIL?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
No answers yet
Can I use it for the new macbook with lighting to usb type-c adapter?
- Asked by Neng-hao Y from San Francisco
- 12 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it for the new macbook with lighting to usb type-c adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader