can i use the magsafe to magsafe 2 converter on my old magsafe charger to charge my 13" macbook pro late 2011 model?
1 Answer from the Community
I have the oldest MagSafe charger, the 85-watt version that came with the original Intel MacBook Pro (early 2006) and it works perfectly with my current 13" MacBook Pro (late 2013) using the MagSafe to MagSafe 2 adapter.
So if your "old" MagSafe charger is equal to or greater than the wattage of your "new" MagSafe 2 charger, it will charge your computer. I do it every day.
- Answered by Donald T from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this to charge my MacBook Pro 13-inch instead of the Apple 60W MagSafe 2 power adaptor?
- Asked by Kimberly M from Doylestown
- 02 2, 19
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my MacBook Pro 13-inch instead of the Apple 60W MagSafe 2 power adaptor?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Is the 60W Magsafe 2 compatible with my Macbook 13" Aluminium (late-2008)?
- Asked by Muhammad M from Woodlands
- 10 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the 60W Magsafe 2 compatible with my Macbook 13" Aluminium (late-2008)?)
Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter