Can this charger be used with non retina display MacBook pros? (older model)
6 Answers from the Community
No it cannot because the older MacBook Pro uses MagSafe not MagSafe 2. The product you want is the Apple (60W for 13 inch computers or 85W for 15 and 17 inch computers) MagSafe Power Adapter.
- Answered by Dean S from Encino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The non-Retina Display MacBook Pro does not have a MagSafe 2 power port. This is a MagSafe 2 Power adapter, and it doesn't work with the older "MagSafe" power ports.
- Answered by Clayton S from Choctaw
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, the retina display Macbook Pro uses a MagSafe 2 Adapter, rather than a normal MagSafe adapter. They are not compatible.
- Answered by Duncan B from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No it cannot.
You can use the old magsafe 1 power adapter on a retina macbook if you buy an " Apple MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter". But it doesn't work the other way.
- Answered by Nikhil R from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
No. This charger is thinner due to the thinner body of the MBP with retina display.
- Answered by Lisa L from Loveland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
No. It is specifically for what it says it is for, the Retina model.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Will the 2015 13” MacBook Pro with Retina Display fit in this sleeve?
- Asked by Joshua A from Bastrop
- 13 Jul 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 2015 13” MacBook Pro with Retina Display fit in this sleeve?)
- Asked about: Leather Sleeve for 13-inch MacBook …
Can this be used with 15"retina display MacBook Pro
- Asked by Susan S from Borrego Springs
- 27 Dec 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with 15"retina display MacBook Pro)
Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
Will this work with the 15" MacBookPro with retina display?
- Asked by Joe P from South Lyon
- 15 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the 15" MacBookPro with retina display?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable