how do you tell the difference between a 60-watt charger and an 85-watt charger?
2 Answers from the Community
By site they look very similar but the lower watt chargers are a little smaller and lighter. The best way to be sure is to look at the underside of the charger. The watts are written there.
- Answered by Michael K from Kawasaki-shi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
On the prong side, the side that houses the wall. It will say the watts in a square followed by MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, eother 45W, 60W or 85W in the box. It's in the biggest font and on the top of all the writing and info is on the charger. Also if you get a charger that is rated higher than what you need there is if you use that charger. For example I have a 13in rMBP and it's original charger is 60W MagSafe 2 adapter. But I use my girlfriend's charger which is an 85W MagSafe 2 adapter for her 15in rMBP. The charger charges my rMBP just fine. But if she were to use mine, her computer would take long than usual.
- Answered by Gustavo C from Madera
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
When referring to wattage, is it in the cable or the charger? Or both?
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- 06 1, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (When referring to wattage, is it in the cable or the charger? Or both?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Why only 55 watts of power through this?
- Asked by Steve B from Oakland
- 02 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Why only 55 watts of power through this?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
No answers yet
Can I charge the iPhone 6 with a 10 or 12 watt charger
- Asked by Vicki P from Lynbrook
- 08 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge the iPhone 6 with a 10 or 12 watt charger)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter