Compatible with OS X 13.1?
What external CD/DVD drives are compatible with High Sierra and APFS? I have resigned myself to buying a new drive but I want to make sure it is compatible with iTunes and with Photos media FIRST.
The internal SuperDrive stopped working several years ago. I bought a Pioneer drive last year (DVRTS09) that worked great (connected by USB) until I upgraded -- since 13.1, as my Mac doesn't recognize the Pioneer disc for writing to anymore!
System Information can recognize the Pioneer as a burner drive, but nothing really useful seems to recognize it as a disc burner. Finder does not show the external drive on the desktop. Disk Utility does not recognize it in any way, so I can't mount it. But as I say, it worked fine before the upgrade in OS.
When I insert a CD, it recognizes the CD itself in Finder and will import to iTunes, but I can't burn from iTunes to a blank disc. I have been wanting to share some old favorite mp3's with family members, but I am unable to burn a CD from a playlist. When I insert a blank disc, it shows up in Finder but not in iTunes.
The problem since OS X 13.1 has cost hours of research, resetting the SMC, trying various fixes - without any improvement.
Thanks for your help.
My Mac is a Late 2009 Intel running OS High Sierra v. 10.13.1
- Asked by Cindy C from Saint Marys
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with OS X 13.1?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
I'm still on Snow Leopard OS on my Mac and want to use this new Time Capsule to do a full backup BEFORE upgrading to Mountain Lion OS X. Can I do it?
- Asked by N.a. L
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm still on Snow Leopard OS on my Mac and want to use this new Time Capsule to do a full backup BEFORE upgrading to Mountain Lion OS X. Can I do it?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Austin T from Sapulpa
- 08 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express