Is there a difference between the old and the new? Will the old one still work on new machines and will the new one work on older Airs and Minis.
Apple USB SuperDrive
3 Answers from the Community
No, from what I can infer they all are the same. Yes, all of the new/old Apple USB SuperDrives will work in older and newer machines.
- Answered by Mark G from Mobile
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It appears same as the old one, just with a new name.
The support article KB HT2801 mentions "Apple USB SuperDrive (Previously known as MacBook Air SuperDrive)"
- Answered by Sebastian J from Milford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
They just updated it. It works with all modern Macs without a SuperDrive.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will this adapter continue working with the new MacBook Air 2012?
- Asked by Raúl Cristián A from Barcelona
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter continue working with the new MacBook Air 2012?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
will this adaptor allow an older Mac Pro early 2009 to work with a thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Roger O from Moreno Valley
- 11 6, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (will this adaptor allow an older Mac Pro early 2009 to work with a thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…