Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?
I plan to purchase the 2012 27" iMac which has no optical drive. I have Windows 7 on DVD and wish to Bootcamp a partition of Macintosh HD.
Once I start up my new iMac in Windows 7, will this optical drive work for it or will I have to purchase a PC USB CD/DVD drive?
The requirements state that you need a mac, but not OS X. Thanks.
1 Answer from the Community
I have tried to use superdrive with new imac 2012, ieOSX 10.8.2
it works perfectly in mac but in windows 7 it is not recognized it shows in device manager as a GX40N USB drive but with a yellow blob.
I have been told it is because win7 needs to be 64 bit on imac but the driver required needs to be 32 bit. I have no idea if thats correct but be assured I have tried everything I know to correct it but nothing as yet
- Answered by Roy N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?
- Asked by Nicholas J from Orlando
- 03 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Will this displayport adapter work with windows xp on boot camp?
- Asked by Stuart A from Lafayette
- 10 30, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this displayport adapter work with windows xp on boot camp?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Does this work with the Apple USB SuperDrive ?
- Asked by Rene C from Montreal
- 08 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the Apple USB SuperDrive ?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter