Will this drive work with the new MacBook with its single USB-C connector?
The new MacBook has a single USB-C connector. It will be possible to connect USB devices to it with an adapter, but will the SuperDrive work through one of these adapters? It currently only works when connected directly to a USB port on the computer (i.e., not through a hub, for example), and there is nothing aside from a USB-C port on the new MacBook.
- Asked by Michael G from Campbell
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this drive work with the new MacBook with its single USB-C connector?)
1 Answer from the Community
While the new MacBook has just the single USB-C port to work with, and won't work directly with standard USB devices, Apple made the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter that connects to the MacBook, and has an USB-C port (for charging), HDMI port and an USB 3 port. So with the USB 3 port, you can connect up the USB SuperDrive and any other USB device (since USB is backward compatible). Better work around than the hub option which doesn't always work.
- Answered by Kire M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will Apple Super Drive work with this adapter?
- Asked by John B from Eugene
- 05 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple Super Drive work with this adapter?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
No answers yet
Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?
- Asked by Robin N from Jacksonville
- 11 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…