can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product
- Asked by Bill H from Newport Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product)
1 Answer from the Community
Bill. The answer is "not really". Though the output from an iPhone charger is 5VDc, it can only give 5 Watts power. Voltage and power are different things. You may be using 5VDc, but if your device needs more than 5 Watts, then one of two things may happen.
1. Your device may not work, or work at a reduced capacity. E.g. a light would not be as bright as expected.
2. You will cause a larger power draw than the iPhone charger can handle and may either cause the charger to fail, or worst case a fire.
Please get the correct item charger for your device or go into somewhere like Maplin, with your device and they will keep you right.
- Answered by Raymond S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I use the lightning charger for other apple products
- Asked by Cari M from Boise
- 09 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the lightning charger for other apple products)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
iPad, 6s I phone and SE iPhone use same charger
- Asked by Ann S from Chestnut Hill
- 07 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad, 6s I phone and SE iPhone use same charger)
- Asked about: iPhone
No answers yet