Do you think this lightning cable would work with my 4s's car charger USB port, or would I have to wait for a dedicated iphone 5 car charger?
6 Answers from the Community
Works with my existing car charger. All I need to do is to use the 30-pin to Lightening adapter or the charging/syncing cable that comes with the iPhone 5
- Answered by Wenyang Steven S from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It will likely work. It worked in my car.
- Answered by Richard B from Southlake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
this cable will work with your normal car usb port.
- Answered by Jacob P from La Habra
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes it would work - The cable is a USB 2.0 which is the same as the previous cables. Furthermore I've tried it myself, albeit with other USB ports ranging from non OEM brands and from the my own vehicle.
- Answered by Amador V from Saint Nazianz
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
If it's a USB port, then you should be fine. I have an older Palm charger (because it's so compact) that plugs into my cigarette lighter and it works perfectly.
- Answered by Jake B from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
The cable works great in my car charger. Nothing different except it has a different end on it. I also plugged it into the USB connector on my car stereo and everything worked like a charm.
- Answered by Scott G from Ramona
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?
- Asked by Cheryl C from Damascus
- 01 20, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Will this Lightning to 30 Pin adapter work with car chargers that were compatible with previous iPhones 3 & 4?
- Asked by Anonymous
- 10 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this Lightning to 30 Pin adapter work with car chargers that were compatible with previous iPhones 3 & 4?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter