Is there a video/app optimized 9-pin cable yet? I have a Pioneer headunit I can currently control Pandor or Netflix with. Will this cable do that?
2 Answers from the Community
The current 9-pin cable that comes with the iPhone 5 does NOT transmit video via USB. When used with a Pioneer head unit, Pandora & iPod functionality is fine, but Netflix YouTube, & GPS navigation do NOT work. Hopefully a video capable USB cable will be released soon.
- Answered by Scott C from Elko
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've found this new cable to work just as well with my system as the previous models. It seems the new devices handle compatibility on their end, so the older systems work just as if you were using a 30-pin dock connector.
This Lightning cable is all-digital and highly diverse in function. There are no "optimized" variants of this cable, and it seems that the controller inside the cable is proprietary, locking 3rd party manufacturers out of making their own (unless they can reverse engineer it).
- Answered by Kyle T from El Campo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this Lightning to 30-pin Adapter support Video output to Car Pioneer Headunit AVH-4450BT ? im having the current cable CD-IU201S from Pioneer?
- Asked by Tan T
- 11 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Lightning to 30-pin Adapter support Video output to Car Pioneer Headunit AVH-4450BT ? im having the current cable CD-IU201S from Pioneer?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter