How many watts is the lightning to USB cable for the iPhone 5/6? And How many watts can you or should you charge the iPhone 6 with?
1 Answer from the Community
Cable doesn't have any watts. Power adapter is able to output certain amount of power (watt). Cables are the same for iPhone and iPad so they are capable of carrying a load of 2.1A (12 watt).
iPhone 6 comes with standard charger 1A (5 watt), however it is compatible with 2.1A (12 watt) charger and it will charge faster.
It is device you are charging that determines how much current it will draw from charger not other way around. You could connect it to 10A charger (60 watt) and it would work as well, charging with same speed as 2.1A (12 watt) charger.
- Answered by Marcin K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How many incoming volts and watts does the USB/iPhone take for maximum charging?
- Asked by Brooke P from Miami Beach
- 02 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How many incoming volts and watts does the USB/iPhone take for maximum charging?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
How many watts is the speakers?
- Asked by Kavin G
- 12 29, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (How many watts is the speakers?)
- Asked about: Beats Pill+ Portable Speaker - Blac…
No answers yet
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- 04 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter