Does the Micro USB cable that goes into the Lightning to Micro USB Adapter need an authentication chip?
As we all know Apple have added a chip to the cables so that onlygenuine Apple cables will work when charging. I wanted origionally a coloured 3m cable but only 3rd part suppliers use them which don't have the chip.
This adapter allows micro USB ones to be used but do those cables need one of those authentication chips in?
All I want is to buy a funky looking 3m coloured cable for my mum which Apple do no offer in their range however I could buy if there was no chip.
If I get this adapter can I then buy a coloured 3m Micro Usb to USB cable and it will still work?
1 Answer from the Community
No, the authentication is within this adapter and therefore will work with any micro usb cable.
- Answered by Thomas P from Wooloowin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do you supply power to this adapter?
- Asked by Ashwin C from Warring Ton
- 03 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you supply power to this adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
can i use this advice to download the pictures from my micro SD chip??
- Asked by Aida P from Lima
- 08 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this advice to download the pictures from my micro SD chip??)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter