ipad mini to ethernet
Can I attach my iPad mini to an ether net cable. Don't have a lot of access to wi-fi, but yes to ethernet connections. Will this Micro adapter allow me to then plug in my USB ethernet adaptor that I have for my mac and then access internet on mini.
- Asked by K A from Sale
- Flag as inappropriate (ipad mini to ethernet)
3 Answers from the Community
The lightning connector does not support an ethernet connection. Besides that, your ethernet adapter most likely is a full sized USB device where this is a micro USB connector. They are not the same.
- Answered by Joshua R from Brownton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Or you could also just buy an Apple Airport Express. Plug it in to your Ethernet and boom - you have WiFi. Refurbished older generations go for about $69 and the latest new ones for $99.
- Answered by Randy R from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If your Mac has a wired ethernet connection to the Internet you could share that over a peer to peer WiFi connection with your iPad mini.Click on the WiFi icon in the bar at the top right of the screen on your mac then choose Create Network.
- Answered by Timothy D from Leicester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Joshua L from Denver
- 09 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Ethernet option for iPad 4?
- Asked by Alan D from Nelson
- 03 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Ethernet option for iPad 4?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can it use with mini iPad ?
- Asked by Lizzie H from Melbourne
- 02 13, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it use with mini iPad ?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil
No answers yet