Can my ipad view raw and JPG images directly in camera instead of having to download big files to ipad?
For a new camera like D800, one single raw file is 40-50MB (lossless compressed). I filled up my 64GB card in camera in less than one week during a photo trip. I don't want to fill up my IPAD so quickly!
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, you can view the files directly from the USB connection, and choose which to import.
- Answered by Chris A from Pontefract
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. As of April 2017, you cannot VIEW images on a camera via the iPad. You can only see the thumbnails of the images in the Import screen of iOS' Photos app. You cannot view the images without importing them (downloading them) to your iPad (this requires the Camera Connection Kit).
Your camera maker may or may not have specific iOS software to do things like this (Canon does not support USB-connected cameras with their apps, only WiFi; i don't know about Nikon).
- Answered by Jace C from Coplay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If I'm not mistaken about a file size that large but I have and 6mp d70 nikon and a full frame d700 and after iport from both I end up with almost the same file size. Give or take a few mp here and there for the dif in color rendering.
- Answered by Jody B from Sandyville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I only import JPG for preview but not RAW? I take small JPG & RAW together. I don't want the raw file taking up space. I use the RAW files later
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxx
- 07 9, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I only import JPG for preview but not RAW? I take small JPG & RAW together. I don't want the raw file taking up space. I use the RAW files later)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Can i have it import only jpg files to the iPad even if the camera is recording jpg and raw to the SD card
- Asked by Chris James T from Las Vegas
- 06 6, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i have it import only jpg files to the iPad even if the camera is recording jpg and raw to the SD card)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter