Could this be used as a general usb port like on a computer or is it just for cameras?
For example, would you be able to connect an external hard drive to the iPad to transfer movies/videos?
1 Answer from the Community
Still testing what will/won't connect with this to my iPad Mini, but anything that needs power from USB (ie card reader, thumb drive or mini USB HDD) comes up with a message 'the connected USB device requires too much power' and does not connect.
Canon 50D connects fine, and appears as 'Camera' in photos app, and allows import into a separate 'imported' album (not camera roll.
- Answered by Nick K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the second port a Lightning port?
- Asked by Michael L from Ooltewah
- 03 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second port a Lightning port?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?
- Asked by Linda G from Tulsa
- 03 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?
- Asked by Cheryl C from Damascus
- 01 20, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable