We need to use a usb storage device with an ipad so that my daughters can use their ipads at school...otherwise we have to buy "laptops " for school ?
1 Answer from the Community
You can plug a very limited number of mass storage devices into this, provided they have enough power (or you use a powered USB hub), and access photos from them. Unofficially, some keyboards, MIDI devices, and microphones also work (dependant on the app).
However, it cannot be used as you would a USB port on a normal computer; ie, with webcams, printers, game controllers, CD drives, etc
Some applications, such as Goodreader, may also be able to open a small number other types of files from attached USB sticks, such as PDF documents. However, this is not comparable to the flexibility of a laptop's USB port.
- Answered by Chris A from Pontefract
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?
- Asked by Patrick P
- 03 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
How to transfer photos from iPad to USB stick
- Asked by Linda P from Calgary
- 04 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How to transfer photos from iPad to USB stick)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter