We need to use a usb storage device with an ipad so that my daughters can use their ipads at school...otherwise we have to buy "laptops " for school ?
1 Answer from the Community
You can plug a very limited number of mass storage devices into this, provided they have enough power (or you use a powered USB hub), and access photos from them. Unofficially, some keyboards, MIDI devices, and microphones also work (dependant on the app).
However, it cannot be used as you would a USB port on a normal computer; ie, with webcams, printers, game controllers, CD drives, etc
Some applications, such as Goodreader, may also be able to open a small number other types of files from attached USB sticks, such as PDF documents. However, this is not comparable to the flexibility of a laptop's USB port.
- Answered by Chris A from Pontefract
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this mean that we cannot use usb connected devices while charging?
- Asked by Grey M from Bethesda
- 03 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this mean that we cannot use usb connected devices while charging?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
Can we use the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to connect USB peripherals like hubs, Ethernet adapters, audio/MIDI interfaces?
- Asked by Neftali A from Colon
- 10 31, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to connect USB peripherals like hubs, Ethernet adapters, audio/MIDI interfaces?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter